Basic overview of the therapy:
This therapy is designed to detoxify the soft tissue, bolster immune system function, and to reduce swelling and congestion in the tissues. The results are cumulative, and a series of sessions is the most effective way to achieve the best results.
What you can expect during a session:
The treatments are done in a massage setting, but this is not a massage. You will need to disrobe, but you are completely covered during the session. The session is done using a modality called the Arcturus Star Product Fusion. This device uses several different types of vibrational energy that are recognized by the body to encourage healing. The machine works in 3 ways:
* Electrostatic Current – A safe, highly regulated electrostatic field. This is an electric current at extremely low amperage. This current activates the parasympathetic nervous system (turns off “fight or flight” response). It also ionizes the tissue, which causes waste that is collected and sitting in the soft tissue to break apart, move into the lymph system and is flushed out of the body.
* Sound Waves – Frequencies and harmonics emitted from the device are between 0 and 1,000 hz, These frequencies resonate in the body with specific organs and tissues, helping to restore them to a balanced state. These sound waves also have a mechanical effect on the waste in the tissue, colliding it to also break it up.
* Light Therapy – Near infrared, red LED, and blue light are also used. Near Infrared and red light help to reduce inflammation, swelling. The blue light helps to balance the hormones in the body.
What to do ahead of time:
Be well hydrated for a day or so before your visit, and afterward. No lotion or cream on the skin, or deodorant. It can be brought with and put on after. Eating a light meal is ok beforehand, but not a large one.
What to expect after treatment:
The treatment itself feels very gentle and delicate while you are here, however, we are encouraging detoxification of tissue that may have many years of waste and toxins built up in their tissue. Most people will feel a little current and some fluid movement in the neck. A list of possible sensations is below.
Possible Side Effects:
Post nasal drainage
Feeling tired or sleepy Slight dizziness
Darker or more intense urine
Feeling flu-like symptoms
More plentiful bowel movement
Jaw and clavicles more visible
Easier breathing if sinuses were congested
Brain fog reduction
Deep sleep the night of a session
Some people are more sensitive to body work, or are just very sensitive in general. This is assessed very early in a session and we’re usually able to prevent unpleasant side effects. Being well hydrated before and after each session will actually prevent most issues. There are other people who will literally feel nothing during or after a treatment. That doesn’t mean they didn’t receive the benefits.
Specific Conditions This Work Will Help:
Lymphedema – If it’s very swollen, that is permanent, but it helps symptoms greatly. Prevention of this condition is where this work makes more of a difference, or in its early stages.
Cold / Flu – Reduction in duration
Tinnitus – Reduces that day, but long lasting results take more sessions
Nasal and Sinus Congestion – Immediate for acute issues, scar tissue needs time to accept the work
Dental Issues – post surgery for swelling or infection. Pre-surgery helps keep tissue healthy.
TMJ – Helps to reduce the tension around the jaw, and at the base of the skull
Acne – Cleans tissue internally so deeper-seated eruptions don’t occur
Under eye puffiness – Drains the fluid out of the area
Swollen Lymph nodes in neck – This flushes them and reduces them in size. The exception is serious illness.
Swelling at the clavicle area – This is where lymph drains into the blood, and is often congested
Breast Tenderness/Swelling/Infection – Reduction in swelling and discomfort in breast & underarm.
Scar Tissue – Either internal or external. This takes a longer series of sessions
Lipomas – Benign fatty tumors. These also usually take several visits to dissolve. Sometimes, it’s 1 visit.
Joint Stiffness – often there’s fluid around the joint, or in a joint closer to the drainage point, preventing flow
Digestive Issues – Most of the lymph is in the abdomen, surprisingly. This reduces the waste around the organs and actually does aid in digestion, as the small intestine cannot digest everything. Excess protein and all dairy are processed by the lymphatic system. Colitis and IBS are considered to be autoimmune disease, and this therapy helps to strengthen and balance the immune system.
Reproductive Issues – Fibroids, cysts, scars, and many other issues in this area will benefit. There is often a lot of scar tissue from childbirth, abdominal surgeries, and endometriosis. The sessions will help to get all the waste out of the area so the tissues can heal.
Leg Swelling – This condition is surprisingly challenging, because the lymph needs to travel all the way up to the clavicle on the left side. If you are seeking lymphatic drainage for leg swelling, please know that I might not get to their legs immediately. Usually there is a lot of blockage in the abdomen that has built up in the tissue for years. You will notice a reduction in swelling even when we don’t work your legs because of this.
What LET Doesn’t Help:
Structural issue, especially in the back. Disc problems, spinal problems, etc. This will help reduce general back pain because it decreases inflammation in the soft tissue, but it won’t actually solve the issue.
Also, please note that LET is not a lymphatic drainage massage. It is more of an accelerated cleaning of the lymph system.
* Breast feeding moms need to dump their milk for 12 hours after a session.
* We need to know if someone has cancer, whether or not they are treating it.
* Breast Implants – We can work around the older versions, the newer ones are more solid.
* Injectibles – Botox, Juvederm, collagen or fat fillers. We need to know precisely where these are.
* Congestive Heart Failure
* Known blood clots, DVT, AVM, carotid blockage, or high stroke potential/history
Who can benefit from LET
As long as they don’t have contraindications, anyone!